Payroll team grows at Corby accountancy firm
Moore Stephens in Corby, which is part of a global accountancy network, has added to its payroll team in the town.
The team of specialists, which offer an outsourced payroll service to businesses, has grown with the arrival of apprentice accountant Laura Hicks, and is recruiting for a fourth member of the team.
Between Payroll Manager Tamsin Clark and Payroll Officer Hayley Reeves-Vane, the team has a combined payroll experience of 40 years, enabling it to provide an end-to-end payroll service on behalf of its clients with ease.
The team works with businesses of all sizes from those with just one employee to one client with 1300 staff. Services offered include paying staff by bank transfer, submissions to HMRC, pension contributions, payslips, reports and more.
“We provide a bespoke payroll service to every single client, so they only pay for the services they want and need,” said Tamsin.
“Those who come to us recognise that we have the knowledge, experience and software to take the pain of payroll away and provide piece of mind.”
Laura will work with Tamsin and Hayley to provide these services to clients as part of a wider accountancy apprenticeship which will see her also work in the audit and tax departments in due course.
The Moore Stephens’ payroll team is now gearing itself up for the forthcoming changes to pension auto enrolment contributions that will come into force in April.
“Pension auto enrolment has proved a bit of a minefield for businesses of all sizes in recent years and we have had to get to know the legal implications of this inside out to be able to offer accurate advice to our clients and make contributions correctly,” adds Tamsin. “We also have to stay up to date on employment law and how it relates to things such as maternity and paternity pay, sickness and apprenticeships. If something is too complex or out of our remit, we know experienced HR experts we can signpost our clients to.”
Having a remote team of experts with access to specialist software to do your payroll for a small monthly fee is just one of the benefits of outsourcing payroll to Moore Stephens. Other benefits include:
- The payroll system has been designed to grow with a business
- All changes in tax rates and regulations are applied correctly
- It is a tailored, flexible payroll service to meet individual client needs
- Freeing up time for other tasks
- No need to invest in software licences and support and ongoing staff training
- Access to additional specialists if required on pensions, benefits, salary sacrifice, tax planning and more
- Confidence that your payroll will be delivered accurately and on time every month
- No need to deal with the administration associated with new starters and leavers and forms like P60 “We know that paying your staff every week or month can be a hassle when you have 101 other jobs to do and it is not something that can be pushed back until you find the time,” says Tamsin. “Running a payroll efficiently requires sound processes, as well as up to the minute knowledge of legislation to ensure that all employees are paid correctly. We bring process efficiency and expertise together, providing clients with an easy service that runs along in the background and keeps their business functioning and moving forward.”
For more information on Moore Stephens’ payroll services, visit www.moorestephens.co.uk or call 01536 461900.