Whittlebury Park in Northamptonshire has recruited two new team members to join their Event Sales Team. Claire Clarke is the new Business Development Manager and Laina Read is the new Event Planner. The two new roles have been created to grow the range of clients that Whittlebury works with and to develop an extended events programme for both corporate and leisure guests.
Whittlebury’s new Business Development Manager, Claire Clarke (pictured left) joins the team from Northampton County Cricket Club and Portfolio Events where she worked as an Event Manager for both organisations. Claire has worked at a range of high profile venues and hotels throughout her career including the Corinthia Hotel in London, the Savoy and Firmdale Hotels PLC. Claire’s top priorities will be:
- Building upon Whittlebury’s already thriving leisure golf business to increase the number of corporate golf days
- Driving new clients to Whittlebury through their established Christmas Party Nights packages which are targeted at corporate and leisure guests
- Developing a strategy to maximise the potential of Whittlebury’s 600-acres of land which can be hired for a range of outdoor events including festivals, sports events and teambuilding
The second new member of the Event Sales Team is Laina Read (pictured right) who will be taking on the role of Event Planner. Laina is an experienced hospitality professional with over 6 years’ experience in the hotel industry. At her most recent role at Holiday Inn Oxford, she handled all enquiries from conception through to completion and was responsible for selling a wide range of events from corporate to social. Her previous roles within the hospitality industry included Staverton Park where she was promoted on a number of occasions from operational roles to a Reservations Agent. Laina’s remit includes:
- To be the main point of contact for reactive incoming enquiries, producing proposals and converting business
- Working with the client in the lead-up to their event
- Communicating with the Operations team to hand over the event on the day
Head of Event Sales, Emma Hayes (pictured centre) is looking forward to working with the new members of her team; “The recruitment of Claire and Laina will make a huge difference and give us a renewed focus on our priorities moving forward. Our remit covers a multitude of events including golf, multi-activity days, land hire, weddings, special events, camping and Christmas. With our new team in place, we can start to plan our strategy for 2020 and I am really excited to integrate Claire and Laina with the rest of our colleagues at Whittlebury.”
Whittlebury Park’s versatile estate offers land hire as well and a range of venues to host meetings, conferences and team-building events all year round. Every event is bespoke to individual requirements and a dedicated Event Planner is available to assist at each stage of the process.
Read the latest news from Whittlebury Park whittlebury.com/news